Image shows a man standing on the porch of Felton’s store and post office in foreground. A large log cabin is in near middle ground with several Colony tents visible beyond. Heavy forest is the backdrop with mountains faintly visible in background. Location is the former homestead of Georen O. White reflected by the large log structure. Felton and partner, Ward, acquired the property and operated the Post Office with the community name of “Warton” until 1935 when the name was changed to “Palmer”. The Matanuska Colony “Tent City” temporarily occupied part of the property.
Digital File, Black & White