International News Photo, Inc.
This is a press photo showing people standing at the front of Felton’s store and Post Office. James Felton and partner, Ward, operated the Post Office with the community name of “Warton” until 1935 when the name was changed to “Palmer”. Accompanying information identifies the young man in front as John Walsh, a university graduate, employed as a carpenter, probably as one of the Matanuska Colony project transient labor force.
Digital File, Black & White