Elsie Havens Blue
Feb. 28, 1938
Interior view of the lobby and living room of the dormitory constructed in the Community Center for single teachers, nurses, corporation employees and others. Often referred to as the “Teacher’s Dorm”, it furnished modern living accommodations a social gathering place during the early days of the Colony project when such housing was in very short supply. Refurbished and modernized, it continues to offer rooms for rent as the privately operated “Colony Inn”.
Black & white paper print, 4” x 5”