Image is a summer view of the Matanuska Colony (Co-op) Trading Post. The building was constructed initially as a warehouse and vacated when another warehouse was built behind it in about 1940. The store then moved into the larger space from the smaller building across the street. The store served the Colonists and other residents of the surrounding area.
Digital File, Black & White