This collection contains a small number of images for which we don't have much information, such as the name of the contributor or how they came to the Museum, or for some other reason they don't fit into the other collections. Some come from published sources we hold for reference purposes.
Colony Farm 24
Colony farm along Palmer Fishhook Road north of Palmer
Image is an easterly view of a red barn and other outbuildings of a Matanuska Colony farmstead located on tract #169 along the Palmer Fishhook Road north of Palmer. Snow-clad mountains form the prominent background
Near of Palmer, Alaska
Image is of two men standing next to a cross-cut saw embedded in a log sitting atop a sawbuck with several cut lengths of firewood on the ground. Several boys are behind them, two holding axes. They all stand between two rows of colony tents with clothes hanging on lines behind them and trees beyond.
Matanuska Valley, Alaska
Palmer Air View 17
Aerial oblique view looking south over Palmer showing the city and surrounding area
Image is an oblique aerial summer view from above the Matanuska River looking south over Palmer and the surrounding area to the Matanuska River and the Chugach Mountains beyond.
Palmer Air View 18
Aerial oblique view looking northwest over Palmer showing part of the city and surrounding area
Image is an oblique aerial summer view looking northwest showing the Experiment Station research buildings in foreground, community center buildings, some of the Palmer commercial district and farm clearings beyond.
Palmer Air View 19
High oblique summer view of Palmer and the surrounding area
Image is a color summer aerial oblique view of Palmer and the surrounding area, including farm clearings, a portion of Matanuska River and north up the Matanuska River valley to Talkeetna Mountains in the background.
Palmer Teachers 1
Four Palmer school teachers in 1954-1955
Image is of four women, identified as Palmer teachers Gloria Wilson, Wanda Kauffeld, Joann Farnsworth, and Joyce Campbell. Information furnished with the photo indicates that all began teaching in Palmer in September 1954, with Wanda and Joyce teaching one year, Gloria taught three years and Joann taught in Palmer for 10 years.