May 2, 1983
Image shows a large three story wooden building identified as the “Fishhook Inn” with a gravel road in front, a small building behind and a mountain in background. The first Roadhouse/ Inn at this site on the road up to the Hatcher Pass gold mines is thought to have been constructed in 1916. It apparently burned or was torn down in fall of 1937 when it was re-built and operated as the “Little Su Roadhouse” until 1942. Burning again in 1943, it was re-built and expanded, operating as the “Mother Load Lodge” until several years prior to 2015 when the empty structure was destroyed by fire once more.
On Fishhook Road in the Hatcher Pass area of the Talkeetna Mountains north of Palmer, Alaska
Color paper print, 3-1/2” x 5-1/4”