Image is of a log Colony house being readied to be moved. One man, identified as colonist Ferber Bailey, operates a caterpillar tractor while an unidentified man assists in placing transport beams under the house. Over the years since the Matanuska Colony houses were constructed in 1935, many have been moved from their original locations as farms were consolidated and as housing was needed in Palmer or elsewhere throughout the valley.
Matanuska Valley, Alaska
Digital File, Black & White