Image is of a log Colony house being pulled down the narrow road by a caterpillar tractor while a man, observing the progress, walks toward the house. Fields and forest are visible in background. Over the years since the Matanuska Colony houses were constructed in 1935, many have been moved from their original locations as farms were consolidated and as housing was needed in Palmer or elsewhere throughout the valley.
Matanuska Valley, Alaska
Digital File, Black & White