Image is a west-facing view of tents and small buildings, some that served the Matanuska Colonists at Palmer during the early summer of 1935, some part of John Bugge’s homestead and other adjacent homesteads. The “Wasilla Road”, as it was called in Palmer, is prominent in foreground. A pole barn is evident in foreground, Bugge’s hay barn is visible in middle ground. Bugge’s fields are evident in background with forest beyond.
Digital File-Black & White