Image is a view of the front of the new Post Office building constructed as part of the Matanuska Colony project in front of the powerhouse on what was to become Dahlia Ave. The water tower is prominent and a portion of the powerhouse and its smokestack are visible behind. A cable and post hitching rail is in foreground and two automobiles are partially visible. Postal service moved from Jim Felton’s store to this facility in 1936 where it operated until 1949. This postcard photo is estimated to have been taken about 1940.
Digital File, Black & White